POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Midnight Modeller : Re: Midnight Modeller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Midnight Modeller
From: Ken
Date: 18 Aug 1999 03:44:49
Message: <37BA6468.24D439F0@pacbell.net>
eric wrote:

> Does anyone know what happened to Midnight Modeller (said to be pretty
> good.. ?) ?
> Where can I find it ?

  As far as I can tell it is a dead product. The home page for the site has
been 404 for over a year (with the exception of one freak day it went back
on line) and no one has heard anything from the author about it being worked
on. I have one link in my collection to an early beta version of the windows
version but most of the features are disabled or don't work including the
inability to export directly to Povray scene files.
  There are better modellers for Pov and I invite you to look at my links page
for a good selection of them. Moray appears to be the best around and is
definitely worth evaluating as are AC3D, Breeze Designer, Calimax, DigiArt,
and PovLab.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: